Tuesday, September 8, 2015

We Are Queens

Maya Angelou wrote, 

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size   
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,   
The stride of my step,   
The curl of my lips.   
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,   
That’s me..."

    and when I read those words I am so proud to be a beautiful woman I gush.  How then do we dismiss such a powerful description of ourselves and allow words/terms such as "bitch" or "thot" to seep into our language?  The term used so loosely.  I would hope decent women wouldn't want to call themselves derogatory names however it has been done.  Calling themselves these things like a proud badge of honour.   
Regardless of your race, your stature, your language, your work - whatever, be confident enough with yourself to own being a Queen.  If you don't claim it, who on earth would just hand it to you?  And by claiming it I mean you must respect yourself.  Earn your money.  Take care of yourself.  You must be independent
By calling each other derogatory names it opens the door for males to do the same.  I mean we constantly speak about society being harder on women than on men - well who do you created the socially inequality. Society.  Described by Merriam Webster as "people in general thought of as living together in organized communities with shared laws, traditions, and values
: the people of a particular country, area, time, etc., thought of especially as an organized community"  We are apart of that group of people.  Do not perpetuate a view of yourself and other women that is negative.  


Breathe positive vibes.  Move in a positive light. Speak positive words.


References

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/society

No comments:

Post a Comment