Thursday, January 7, 2016

Straight Talk with Angie

Recently, Angie has been a good girl. She has been allowing me to do top knots, flat twists and low ponies all with little coaxing. So I had an idea, let's go straight for a while.

WHAT??!!! Straighten stubborn Angie???
What was I thinking?

The last time I flat ironed my hair it was straight long enough for me to get out the chair.  LOL it's funny when I think about it cause I was just as excited this time.  See below:
Pictured below; left: natural ponytail with plait; right: flat iron pony after I chopped it off
The thing about straightening my hair is, she does NOT want to be straight. I'm convinced of it.  But I reallyyyyyy wanted to wear this cool new floppy hat ------}
and thought, cool weather in Ohio is perfect to test out my new Remington flat iron. My mistake was though, waiting until the day before my travels to flat iron Angie. I think I should have worn it straight the whole trip.  Anyway, went through the process....
 Pictured here thinking, "boy this ga be RIGHT!"

More contrast...

I pinned curled it after I got it as close to bone straight as I could. (which may not have been that straight considering I wasn't getting close to my scalp.) Woke up and it was in tack ( no photos because I was feeling ill).
Fast forward a bit after feeling illl most of the day, a day of traveling and meeting Nassau humidity and heat - my hair had frizzed --------}

Either way, I'm dealing with it because either way, I gotta be straight with ya, I love Angie wavy, kinky, curly or frizzy straight - cause she's all mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment