Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Wish, Full Thinking

Upon returning to school they request that you write an essay, your personal essay.  The topic reads:
Briefly outline why you have chosen the stated major area of study and how it relates to your future career goals and plans.

I recently reached out to an old friend of mine, a scholar and poet, because I was on the verge of cracking.  Seriously, I was about to split in two like an over boiled egg.  The email was entitled: Where is My Passion? 
Let’s reverse a bit.  In 2009, I graduated from The College of The Bahamas with an Associate’s degree in Mass Communications.  Although I was thrilled my family reminded me that the journey was not over.  I was disgruntled to say the least.  I didn't enjoy much about school so going back was a mountainous challenge.  But I remembered excelling and enjoying the creativity English spawned from me.    Therefore, with zeal I returned to COB to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in English. 
I was doing well with the English courses; however, life being as unpredictable as it is called me to another duty.  Now 2015, a little older and in my estimation lots wiser, I want to complete what I have started.  I know that this degree will not only help me to become a better-rounded individual but it will give me the opportunity to explore a career rather than a job. 
This degree will give me the opportunity to write and perhaps be written about. 
This degree will open doors for me that I did not know was there
            And encourage me to knock on doors I am afraid no one will answer.

This degree will give me my passion back and that is more than a career goal, it’s my life’s wish.

1 comment:

  1. DO IT!!! It's never too late and you're not too old to ever become a better you. You're capable and smart! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete