Thursday, May 7, 2015

Modern Day Slavery

I BELIEVE IN BAHAMIANS!

Is that the same Bahamians you let gas companies come through neighbourhoods and pollute the water?  Or maybe it's the Bahamians that you allow foreign investors to come in and build resorts Bahamians can only afford to see the inside of if they work there?  No?  Well maybe it's the Bahamians that you encourage to come out and vote on a referendum only to turn around and do the opposite of their votes. Oh let's not forget the belief that selling islands and cays is some how "empowering".

What is it about our country that makes our leaders, passed & present believe we are only well suited as room attendants and bell hops?  Before any corns start bleeding - I have the utmost respect for ANY form of LEGAL work.  We all need to support our families.  The issue I have is when I hear our "leaders" say there are no skilled Bahamians in certain areas when they only train in areas of servitude.

If I have a child today or tomorrow and they say, mummy I want to be anything respectable.  I'll say baby it's possible!  I'll remind him/her that they must work hard. Strive for excellence and pride in their work. I will not be a spoke in that wheel.  I will also not allow my child believe that he/she is limited to anything under this sun.

The wheel of confusion continues to spin when they urge highest possible education yet increase college fees, are incapable of providing jobs or actually provide jobs that will pay you what you deserve.  How then can I get this coveted education to on a work on dead mediocre job that was glamorized by campaigns paid for with my blue collared parents hard earned taxes?

I suggest we pump life into our nation by investing in something more than hospitality.  BAMSI was a great idea if only that wasn't botched up.

When will puppets of our country stop selling our land and giving our children into a life of slavery.  Things are crumbling around us: BEC's new management slated to send people home,  Bahamar remains unopened evoking bad publicity,  BTC gearing up for redundancy of hundreds. 

Looks to me that we need more than rich politicians believing in us. Shoots soon enough they'll have to support us.

#idontdodisclaimers

No comments:

Post a Comment