Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lost You

they want me to believe that the emptiness will go away

that it will get better, it will be easier in time

but this pain

the pain that stretches from the back of my neck
to the tip of my tailbone, tells a different story
this pain has me paralyzed

I am numb but my heart feels so much
pain, disdain for myself

how can I believe this will get better

even the weather says differently
this love fickle as a thunderstorm during a summer  day
ended by a bright sun ray

rain like tears of an angel
did they lose him too

tapping on my window sill

silly me because I wish it were him
I suffer from anxiety, separation 
apart a part of me gone, and Lord knows I long for it

they all know I long for him
they say deny myself

hard to do when it was just you two

but easy for them to say while I lay
tear stained face, face it
its only been days but I miss him

it is evident, evidence everyone can see
that without him, I am not me

©Tia L. Clarke 2015 (revised)

2 comments:

  1. I feel this girl. Every word echoed the deep sense of loss. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude Juicy Suzie. I am always humbled to read your comments.

    ReplyDelete