Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Politically inCorrect: Cable Too Rachet for Children

I am not a Politician.  Do not expect me to be politically correct.

I refuse to stifle my voice because we live in an age where people are so afraid to offend people they have compromised their values, morals and more.   I am willing to listen to other point of views and I reserve my right to disagree with ANY argument I so choose.  So, every week I will include a Politically inCorrect piece.  

I am not judge, jury nor am I executioner and I do not want to be.  I am not perfect and I realize that no one walking this earth is.  As an adult you have free will to watch whatever shows you so choose but do not forgive me when I say children should not to be exposed to ratchet explicit T.V and lewd disrespectful music.  So when a primary school bus of children can recite lyrics to song advertising drug use as if it's uplifting better than they can count to 50 then I have an issue.  When essays have more references to Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj than to V.S Naipaul and Jamaica Kincaid it's downright disheartening.

Wooosahhhhhh.....

Back in the day the Christian council decided to ban B.E.T and putting it lightly I was the annoyed. I was annoyed because they are taking away a choice while fattening the pockets of cable providers because they did nothing but put it on extended channels.  Channels probably already in the Christian council's homes.

So imagine my shock when I was watching TrueTV Saturday night with my beau and I heard this big EFF bomb . Yup, shortly after 11pm on the weekend TrueTV, Channel 38 if my memory isn't failing me has a tattoo show on with no beep outs no buzz outs. The pure unfiltered dutty cuss words blasting - the S's, the B's, the F's.  OMG BASIC CABLE HAS GONE ROGUE!! Where's the Christian council now, shoot - where's URCA.

I have a serious problem with this, no wonder why a bus full of primary school children could be in love with the CoCo while teachers and other adults record the perfectly pitched choir.

#nolaw 

2 comments:

  1. I completely and totally agree with everything that has been written here. The fact that the children's minds can be polluted and corrupted at such a young age is very disheartening to say the most. Their minds are so fresh and fertile to the point where when they absorb negative tendencies pertaining to their environment without a positive role model or guaranteed supervision, that child is bound to be misled and misguided in the wrong direction via seeds of deception. Which is why so many of our youth look up to negative "entertainers" so to say such as nicki minaj and Miley Cyrus. There is no supervision in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Families do need to take more responsibility for the rearing of their children. And sacrifice is a must! Not because you like a song or tv show means you sit your child down with a colouring book and think that they aren't picking up. Remember, children are like sponges.

      Delete