Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What A May it was...

I started writing this piece before month end   just so I wouldn't miss out on the blessed overwhelmingly happy feeling I have in this moment or any other feeling in between.  When I started this new blog it was my intent to just write my poetry.  As trite as it sounds, to get the fire going with an ex passion of mine.  Since we broke up, I wasn't happy.  I missed everything about word play.  I have since expanded that idea and written quite a few pieces of prose as well as sharing some of my life.  I've been writing things that touched me, things that were glazed over by us but are important to the development of our culture or lack there of and other random thoughts.  Needless to say, I have rekindled things with my boo thang and things have never been better.

At this point, (two weeks into June) my blog has received over 3,200 views.  It may seems minimal but I am thankful for each person that took the time to even glance my way.  I am super excited that readers from France, Curacao, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Italy, United States, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Japan, Netherlands, Venezuela, Barbados, Ireland, Bulgaria and most recently Denmark read. (some even came back).  Please, if you visited and your country is not named - share, I would LOVE to know.

But this joy would be fleeting without my country's support.  So BIG UP Bahamas - most of my views belong to you!!  It is humbling to know you could be doing anything, but you took the time to read my work.

Every time a new reader stops by I'm overjoyed.  I do not write only for views but to know that people around the world have taken any of their time to share in my experiences
makes me feel accomplished.  This blog has helped me grow tremendously.

In May, I also celebrated a birthday.  Anyone who knows me knows that around birthday time I get sort of solemn.  I honestly can't even help it - it's like where did the time go and how can I get it back.  When life was as easy as Sesame Street, naps and eating what ever you like with not a pound gained.  But we can't stay young forever and it is a blessing beyond measure to make it to another year.  Thank God!!  The birthday was low key but it was still awesome.  I was reminded that sometimes I can't keep it all together, and it is okay to fall apart as long as you put yourself together again.  I have a champions in my corner and my strong mahogany frame deserves a special thank you because he is a big support in my life.

Ohhhhh what a May it was.....(wonder what June will bring?)

No comments:

Post a Comment