Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hair Trials - Flexi Rods Fail

So I gave you the account of my failed flexi rod experience but here's WHAT NOT TO DO, exactly how I did it.

Skip pass the wash and detangle bit 

Ok you're where I need you to be....

1. on slightly damp hair, section and smooth on Organix's Coconut Milk (like an oil) I did section by section...fairly small but as it got later who knows what amount hair I was grabbing.
2. smooth on Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie 
3. on flexi rods I used the blue and orange...tightly wrap your hair being sure to secure the ends. You'll look like Medusa 
and trust me....IT ALL WON'T BE WORTH IT.

4. Try to sleep

5. Wake up with stiff neck

I think I do know what was wrong though and I will try this again.  Because the Curl Enhancing Smoothie locks in moisture my hair took longer to dry, which means instead of the regular ole' 8 hours, I needed 16.

When I try it again I'll let you know how it goes.  On a positive note, it's been almost a week and my hair is soft and shiny.  The Curl Enhancing Smoothie is a welcomed addition unlike it's cousin
------------------> 

But before I give you more details on that - reviews say that it works better with the Smoothie so I'll have to work them together before I pass final judgement.

#idontdodisclaimers

No comments:

Post a Comment