Thursday, August 13, 2015

Protective Styles: Marley Braids/Twists

This has to be one of my favourite protective styles because it gave me absolutely no stress.  My marley braids were done by "DazzlingBraidsByNell" and she did a great job.  The very first shot is my hair the morning before.  

Preparing my hair:
  1. washing - I gave Angie a good scrub 
  2. conditioning - you can use a deep conditioner but I used my favourite which is also a leave in 
  3. leave in - I rinsed most of the knot today out of my hair and hopped out the shower. While my hair was still wet I added more knot today as my leave in 
  4. leave more in - because moisture is important and I was using the dreaded heat (which I don't dread at all) as I sectioned my hair I sprayed on 
  5. stretching - because my hair has massive shrinking issues I decided to make it easy for the stylist and blow dried my hair with a regular Conair blow dryer. So I A)sectioned B)conditioned C)added an oil
  6. Sealed - with this oil which has an anti breakage serum. & I used my Denman and pulled my hair out. 
Below is the result:
Marley style tiles
 



Bun & braid - this was cute, I hope you can see the braid at the back
The bee hive @ work
 Supporting the Thompson Family
Nico, Taureen Irvin & Me
SAS reunion tour
Headed to submerge these twists
Getting the marley hair wet - it wasn't as heavy as I thought 

The morning after the hair was drenched




Just showing you how much it's grown out
Then I took them all out - and got THIS:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment