Friday, April 10, 2015

Monkey Business

In Belize...Just monkeying around.

I can't stand those blood sucking mosquitoes.  They are animals and boy did they attack. So that half smile half grimace on my face is because I was in the middle of getting attacked by donkey mosquitoes.  (Could someone tell me what's the purpose of mosquitoes besides testing my hearing when I'm trying to sleep or making me a connect the dot puzzle)

Sighsssssss....it was worth it though! I got to see Holler Monkeys, even got to see a baby one, only days old.  They were close enough to touch but we couldn't feed or touch them; it's not like I dared to with the daddy monkey cussing us out the whole time.

Seeing um that close was good enough for me.
Until next time. ...

The trail to see the Holler Monkeys
I had to cover up my loverly (not a typo) spaghetti strp Androsia print shirt (<--learn about it here Androsia Batik - Fresh Creek - Andros, Bahamas) so the mosquitoes had less surface area to terrorize. 

Up close and personal

Monkeying around

The lady wanted to take the baby home, I slowly backed on the side in the event of an "incident"

Only a few days old, the baby Holler Monkey is just as intrigued by us as we are by them

Bonus: On the ride back we saw a few monkeys just swinging, free and at peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment