Thursday, April 23, 2015

Relationship Goals


                                 

Since when did Kim and Kanye, Mariah and Nick or the rest become the standard by which we hold our relationships to?  2/4 pictured above have already parted ways.  And like any couple, we all have our issues.
Ok enough of them.  They aren't the issue I have because there are so many "famous" couples in which people tend to hold as the apex of great love.   And I'm not "hating" as the trite term goes nowadays but I am confused. This generation is so concerned with the relationships of perfect strangers that they fail to build successful relationship themselves, or even be able to identify one.  How can you build a relationship off of pictures and "realty T.V"?

You Can Not!

Some of these couples have solid relationships, some are actually in for the long haul but since you don't know their plans, don't try building on their foundation.

 You see the pics to the left...yea, you do.
Now they appear to be up in years. They look happy and in love.  But guess what, it is still just a picture.  For all we know they have just met.

If you have the gift of being able to flip through wedding photos of your grand parents you'll probably see happy loving faces as well.  And if they lasted, awesome.  They are actually the best bench markers for your relationship goals.
But in addition to watching real people in your life and their prosperous relationships: Focus on
1. who you are
2. what you're prepared to deal with or not deal with and
3. understand that love and making a long lasting relationship depends on several crucial things such as communication and compromise.
If you do love the person you can not be ready to bow out the minute the roads get rough.  You have to hold on for dear life.  When your partner's back is broken, be the brace that will support them long enough for them to walk again.  Love would not leave someone with a severed spine.  And if they never walk again love would be willing and able to push the hell out of that wheel chair.

Realistically this is what I, ME, TIA - need/wants:
I need a man that loves God.
I need a man that respects me.
I need a man that loves family and realizes once he becomes a part of me, I am his family.
I need a man that will be honest with me even when it's hard and I'm whining about it.
I want a man that holds my hand in public, not grabs my ass. (need)
I want a man that kisses my forehead.
I need a man that is a provider.
I need a man that uplifts me and understands that though imperfect, I'm his perfect match.
I want a man that is willing to skip hanging with the boys because I am sad. (need)
To name a few.

The list is never long when you know what your worth

#idontdodisclaimers

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is absolutely amazing. It's still good to know that there are good women out here with not only a good head on their shoulders, but actually have a vision and respect for themselves that caters in that fashion alike. I've seen old couples in person who are still in love and it is very real out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the real love does exist. My point is - search for what's real to you! Thank you so much for reading a commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most certainly welcome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keep supporting positivism. I like that!

      Delete
  4. Yup you're right TiaFace. Define what you NEED vs. what you want and it will come to you.

    Good Read.

    _snoops :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx u!!!! We often get those two things tangled hey? Anyway - as always I'm glad for you stopping by to read. Please continue reading and share.

      Delete
  5. This post was EVERYTHING. Plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juicy Suzie. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete