Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Woolly Mammoth - Relating Science and a Sista

I took this Earth Day quiz from Google for a little fun.  And what should I get??  Woolly Mammoth! I’m a friggin woolly mammoth!
A woolly mammoth ----------> this guy                  
                                                                                                  Yup, woolly mammoth.

Initially I took that information and processed it into I am fat, hairy and virtually extinct.

Ok Ok...I wasn't seriously saddened or anything.  The accuracy of those internet test leave much to be desired, however I wanted flip that negative thinking.  So then as I digested it a little more I realized that being a Woolly Mammoth may not be such a bad deal.  Positive Vibes!!

For starters, I said hey, I'm most likely a Woolly Mammoth because my personality is larger than life.  I am a fun loving and when I walk into a room everyone definitely turns around lol. Captivating! There's no denying the main trait most people think of when they hear Woolly Mammoth is it's size.

Fact: They were about the same size their cousins the African Elephants. 

I am at one with nature, I respect that everything in nature has it's place, except mosquitoes.  I enjoy using my large nose to suck in delightful fragrances.  In fact I sometimes I call myself a conservationist.  And sidebar - I hate litterbugs.

Fact: Woolly Mammoths were herbivores, they ate mostly grass but also ate plants and flowers.  

I have been conditioned to take a lot but I know when to tap out. In addition, my realism is so much for people to handle, perhaps it is better at times that I am left alone to my own devices.  Uniquely made!

Fact: Mammoths are had tusks that were measured at 15 feet, used for fighting and digging up snow. They are extinct. 

Thanks National Geographic  http://www.nationalgeographic.com/search?proxystylesheet=site_search&site=site_search&q=woolly%20mammoth&client=site_search&output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=%2A&requiredfields=description&start=10&  

#funfacts #woollymammoths #earthday #natgeo

5 comments:

  1. Hi, pro_black_teachings here. This is a very interesting blog you have here and it's great to read :). I love animals and it's good to learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Mr. Ellis. I hope to build on this blog because I've always liked writing but took a break. I appreciate you reading and commenting. I just posted something new, Ain't That A B________. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most certainly welcome Tia!! I love reading and writing sounds like your passion. I will read your new blog right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you took it in a more positive direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, and who says being a big and hairy is a problem - I bet I warm when the ice age come back ;-D

      Delete