Monday, April 20, 2015

Partner...Let Me Upgrade You



Beyonce said it best with this jam (jam, I'm so old).  Baby let me upgrade you.  With that, I decided to take apart the term "Let me upgrade you" to assess they way some people in society use it.

Firstly, here's some facts: Beyonce married Jay-Z. Jay-Z, 45, is not only a rapper and songwriter, he is an entrepreneur owning several businesses as well as being a certified sports agent.  Jay-Z's current net worth is approximately $510 million.

I think with those facts given it's fair to say Beyonce didn't mean to choose a man/woman that's going to treat you like Jodi - drive around in your car while your at work and sex other females in the back seat.  That ish sounding like unevenly yoked there.

Don't misunderstand me. I do believe that in a relationship you should support and uplift your partner in anyway you can.  Ultimately, everyone wants to know that when you're waist deep in the trials of life you can depend on your partner to be able to hold you up without letting you drown.  That stability and assurance are some of the things long lasting relationships are built on.

But BayBay, I ain about to put a you on my free throw line if you're shooting like Shaq.  Think about it, if you're Jordan, do you really want Dickey Simpkins to be the only one on the court with you in the playoffs?  Go ahead, google him, ..............................I'll wait..................................
Yup, you wanna boast about upgrading Dickey but what do you have to show for it?  You left the game dehydrated with a twisted ankle and he never broke a sweat.

Many of us are guilty of it, dating someone who "seems" to have potential but they never show it.  They can't hold down and a job and they don't look like they want to.  Eventually you will become annoyed with them and leave no better off than you were before you got with them, or they'll leave you taking the two championship rings they got with you to share with the next in line.

So my advice, focus on being the best you that you can be, be strong, be kind and be confident and your special someone will COME upgraded.
Also, quite simply put, don't invite someone to your table who has nothing to put on it.

(Repost - missing some parts but the general idea is here, angry with myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment