Tuesday, April 28, 2015

No Longer Black-Out

As all my devices turned dim with batteries flickering in the darkness and pangs of hunger were the only thing that lined my stomach I said, "Daddy come let's go. I can't take it, I'm hungry and these mosquitoes making me sick".

You see, from I walked in the house I looked at the clock that stared back...blankly. Load shedding!?!  I didn't freak out though I walked in the bathroom, clicked on the light like so many of us do out of habit and hissed my teeth.  Click the switch back down and cracked the door.  It's cool, only #1.  Since my plans had been foiled by those meddling BEC ppl I rolled with the punches, changed into my hip fanner as my father calls it and curled up with my kindle.  As daylight slowly slipped away, I was urged to go light some candles.  (then the aforementioned paragraph ensued)

"More friggin heat".  By this time, if I were a cussing girl, I'd probably used all the cusses in my arsenal as the mosquitoes made my body a puzzle yet again.
HOWEVER, I used cuss fillers. 

You see, maybe I'm a little slow, but I don't know how shedding works if the same areas are in pure darkness 90% of the time.  Who we shedding with?  Roughly from 11 am to 10 pm my corner was in darkness and nothing is more irritating than when you drive out to the corner and it looks like friggin Christmas, but I digress.

So, sitting in Wendy's on Village Road because electricity has been off now for about 9 hrs (Thanks again BEC, big shout outs again)....and every Sheila that walks in the joint is pale yella.
Now I didn't say yellow because what you will understand from this piece is once you have bleached ...ok the coast is clear for me to continue.  Once you've bleached your in a colour that only jaundice and muppets can understand.  It's fake.  Sadly, I noticed the masses have bleached their skin.  There is an epidemic and I am afraid for my delectable brownness.  The most disturbin' ting is - vat is obviously not charged on these creams, or perhaps it IS...because some ladies have missed their arms, legs and necks completely.  Yea that's it, vat on creams!

Oh Lord, please don't let them hold me down and cream me up
You see
I'm what they call dark skinned on this here earth
and though no matter our complexion
we're still made of dirt
we've been brainwashed
From birth

US dark skinned girls were coaxed to believe
we were less than beautiful
less than Queens
but it was all a hoax
a pitiful scheme, a joke
to rob us of our self worth
but we all are mere dirt

Pro- bleaching arguments will undoubtedly take the, I am enhancing my beauty route.  And I'm all for enhancing yourself but I must tell my sisters, and brothers - you were beautifully made and bleaching products actually do more harm than good.

All I could say is, they mussy bleaching cause Mr. Miller wouldn't stop these black outs.  It's surely no longer black out.

#idontdodisclaimers

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I love it, I'm too tired of them ppl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I'm not tired of them. I'm tired of the mindset they have that makes them believe the change that is important is skin colour when with all this technology and wealth around the world we still have poverty. I'm tired of being a brown/black girl continuously fighting to maintain that we all are beautiful while the shoot it down by bleaching until they are raw and ghostly loooking - yet they call that beauty. Get the hell outta here with that mess.

      Delete
    2. while they* sorry - got passionate

      Delete