Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ciara - I Bet (Better Off)



So last week I stumbled across this beaut.  My news feed seemed to enjoy it and so as I often do, I listened, on repeat.  I'll assume most of us know that Ciara thought she found her match in Future but things didn't work out how she hoped.  I can totally relate to this song.  Back when I was a chick a dee I was guilty of writing that love story in my mind only to be bamboozled by someone who wasn't ready to accept all I was willing to give.

Future left with Ciara (courtesy of www.nydailynews.com)
Future wasn't readdddyyyy.  And of course people can change but I think what we all need to realize is, if that change isn't internal, baybay even if there's a shift for a while, that person will go back into their old ways.  They aren't gonna change for babies, you or your cooking so don't fool yourself.  Good luck to them both tho!!

Anywhos, this is what Miss Cee Cee inspired:

you call her friend
I was a friend too
and I know you have some spite
deep inside of you

but I loved you anyway
white out all your mistakes
and came back every time
you went and took a break

but you took advantage
you took me granted
yea yea

but you took advantage
uproot what we planted
yea yea

loved you
until the well ran dry
no wonder why
you thought the grass was greener
on the other side

but I bet you'll want back
when she gets a little fat
and you think I'm looking really cute
with my sexy new dude

but keep yourself over there
don't even try to stare
I'm better off over here
yea yea

No comments:

Post a Comment