Thursday, March 19, 2015

Gruesome Images on Social Media 2

On March 11th 2015, a week & a day ago I wrote a letter to the Royal Bahamas Police Force.  I sent the letter to an email address provided on their official site, http://www.royalbahamaspolice.org/, in a section on the aforementioned website called "Tell the Chief" and as a message on their Facebook page .
I have not received one correspondence regarding the matter.
I checked back to see how active their Facebook page was, they posted something 5 hours ago. I would say I'm saddened or surprised, but I'm not.  It is however a sad thing when you've become completely used to being ignored in your country that you become numb to the lack of reaction to actions debilitating our people. Perhaps around election time someone will be interested in mother's finding out about their children's death via Whatsapp.  Perhaps around election time erroneous messages will be silenced.

*sighs* For a long time now I realized that I am not deemed "big enough" in this country to even make a ripple in these treacherous shark filled waters politicians and co. have continued to throw us in.  BUT....I'll keep throwing my pebbles and one day without warning, they will see the tsunami I created.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take the population as a whole to get the message heard. Until then we don't react until it affects us personally

    ReplyDelete