Thursday, March 26, 2015

Give Thanks

This morning I sat down outlining my morning to one of the few people I know who asks the question, how was your morning? and actually cares about my answer.  So after I rambled on and on I said geesh what a morning.  Then I had to reflect: All these things that I felt were negatives and dampers on my GOOD THURSDAY could all be looked at in a positive light.  This is real, I really experienced these things but I have something to say to Satan who thought he was gonna make me walk into darkness and doubt how beautiful this day will be. GET THEE BEHIND ME satan.

God has shrunk you, you are minimized and my eyes have seen that I am truly blessed.  In all things, I am truly blessed.

Opened my eyes extra early this morning
really wanted the rest of that sleep
sat up anyway, couldn't sleep anymore
almost turned over that cup of water
on my bedroom floor

Hopped in the shower to get blasted with cold water
burned my lip on some hot tea
barely stomached the oatmeal, my mother made for me
saw the food from last night forgotten on the stove,
seemed still good to eat

Drove to work while my car sputtered
oh my gosh I had to pee
made it just in time, what a relief to me
sat to my desk only seconds, my nose began to drain
eyes weren't far behind
I was ready to complain
when this poem came to mind:

Thank God in all things
For he has blessed me where I did not see
And all the things I thought were wrong
Are his blessings he gifted to me

So I thank you dear Father
For a eyes to see,
and I could open up early this morning
Legs to run
when this bladder is full and pouring
Nose to sniff,
smelling spring
even though my allergies bring
I thank you Father
for this
And Everything




No comments:

Post a Comment