Monday, March 30, 2015

The Passing of an Angel

Monday, March 30th 2015 my classmate died.  I cringe as I type the words because I was hopeful for her, for faith in God  and his teachings made me hopeful.  The word says if you believe and call on his name, he will hear your call.  I believe he did.  However, though faith never wavered and as if Monday mornings aren't hard enough, Tamaz Thompson passed away.  I refuse to say she lost her battle with cancer.  Because I wholeheartedly believe that cancer lost.  It no longer has the power to make her suffer, it's ugliness can no longer wake up beside her trying to mock all she has done. Cancer has no power.  CANCER LOST...cancer lost to this beautiful woman.

I started to write a status on Facebook only to be halted.  I just couldn't find words to say to capture the disbelief I had.  There is no status long enough, no words, no phrases to encompass the level of hurt people feel who knew and loved Tamaz.

On the ride from Tamaz's fundraiser, Kia said "why her..." and I said I believe there is a lesson in this because someone with such exemplary character had to fight this battle for us to see that pettiness and anger are not worth it.  We should be like Tamaz, happy, sweet, loving, brave....our smiles should infect people so that it has more power than cancer ever could.  That is the legacy Tamaz leaves.  If no one remembers anything else, they remember how sweet she was, that genuine smile. Knowing Tamaz makes me want to be a better more positive person not only for myself but for others.

In an effort to help her family Tamaz put pen to paper.  Below Tamaz documented her journey, she was still smiling.  She showed superb strength! What amazing person...to help when everyone just wanted to support her.


Please continue to show your support with funding.  Her family is extremely grateful to all who have given anything they could.  RIP Tamaz #lovemazzy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks ladies for reading Tamaz's story and the great affect she had on so many. She was brave. #cancerlost

    ReplyDelete